CJC’s Women’s Program equips women with the tools to obtain and maintain employment which leverages their God-given talents. We work with our students strengths, identifying their talents, sharpening their skills, and encouraging them towards God’s intended path.
This six-week job prep program includes completing your resume, job applications, confidence in talking about your gifts, interviewing for a specific job, money matters, and one-on-one computer training. Our curriculum prepares you for today’s workforce and life’s challenges, and builds character that employers are looking for. Computer training is self-paced and you and your mentor agree on a schedule. Check out the program Outcomes Map.
- The course is free, however there is a $35 processing fee
- Requires an in-person application, series of assessments, and a commitment
- Partners with agencies to improve employment opportunity, but does not guarantee employment
- Requires regular class attendance and being on-time just like an employer
- Certificate of training issued upon completion
Is this for me?
Women come from all walks of life and stages in their professional development. Whether you are just entering the workforce, re-entering after a period of time, or looking to advance in your career, our program has something for everyone.
If you are suffering from past or present hurts, our programs can help your healing process. If you have been convicted of a felony or have a troubled past, we can help you navigate your path toward better life choices and a new start.
Who is eligible?
Do I need a high school diploma?
No high school diploma or GED is required to attend CJC. We will help you enroll in a GED program that works for you, should you desire a GED.
What hours and days will I attend?
This is a daytime program for women only. You are required to attend classes every Monday & Thursday for six-weeks from 8:50 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. You and your computer mentor will schedule additional time for your computer training.
Programs repeat every 9 weeks.
What do students say about the program?
Listen to what Evelyn has to say about the program.
- Submit questions via the Contact Us page.
- Call the CJC offices at (830) 331-9916 to speak with our Programs Coordinator.